Guide Price £2,250,000
Daveys Lane, Lewes, BN7
The Malthouse is an attractive former Southdowns brewery building dating from around 1900. It has been adapted many times over the following years and now provides a mix of warehouse/workshop space with mezzanine offices in 2 of the 4 commercial units. Arranged over 2 floors with solid brick walls and a pitched roof, the building, which is not listed, has been highlighted by the South Downs National Park Authority as an "asset to retain" despite much of its original fabric having been destroyed and replaced over the years. The development options have been influenced by this advice. The adjoining Davys Loft building (former Grain Store) is a 3 storey brick built warehouse currently let as a coffee roasters. The commercial units are currently let, and all leases are excluded from the renewal provisions of the 1954 Landlord & tenant Act. Further details can be found in the dataroom.
- Significant Development/Conversion opportunity as demonstrated in the ECE Architects Feasibility Study
- Gross income stream of approximately £150,000 pax
- Approx 11,500sq ft of industrial /warehouse buildings with offices & adjoining yard
- Income spread across 4 tenancies to spread risk
- Overall site area 0. 60 acres. Held in two titles.
- Fully let on flexible leases excluded from 54 Act security of tenure provisions